Yes, it is possible to overdose on diazepam, also known by the brand name Valium. Diazepam is a central nervous system depressant that can slow down breathing and heart rate. Taking too much diazepam can lead to overdose symptoms such as extreme drowsiness, confusion, slurred speech, impaired coordination, slow or shallow breathing, and even coma or death. Overdose can occur when taking higher than recommended doses or when combining diazepam with other depressant substances such as alcohol, opioids, or other benzodiazepines. It is important to always take diazepam as directed by a healthcare provider and not exceed the recommended dose. If you suspect a diazepam overdose, seek emergency medical attention immediately.