Addiction101 Addiction Network

Overdosing on paracetamol can be extremely dangerous and can cause significant harm to the body, including liver damage, which can be life-threatening. The symptoms of paracetamol overdose can include:

Nausea and vomiting
Abdominal pain and swelling
Loss of appetite
Diarrhea
Sweating
Confusion and disorientation
Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
Seizures
Coma

In addition to these symptoms, overdosing on paracetamol can cause significant pain and discomfort, particularly in the abdomen. The liver can become inflamed and enlarged, which can cause significant pain and discomfort.

It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you suspect you have taken an overdose of paracetamol. Treatment for paracetamol overdose can involve administering medications to protect the liver, such as N-acetylcysteine, and monitoring for complications. Early treatment can be crucial in preventing liver damage and other serious health consequences.