It is not common for a person to die from consuming magic mushrooms (psilocybin mushrooms). However, it is possible to overdose on psilocybin, which can result in a range of unpleasant and dangerous symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, agitation, confusion, panic attacks, seizures, coma, and even death in very rare cases. The exact number of mushrooms that could cause an overdose varies depending on various factors such as the potency of the mushrooms, the person’s body weight, and tolerance to psilocybin. It is important to note that consuming any drug in large quantities can be dangerous and potentially deadly. If you suspect a psilocybin overdose, seek medical attention immediately.