Addiction101 Addiction Network

If you suspect someone is abusing drugs and needs help, you can report it to several different organizations or authorities, including:

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): You can contact SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) for information and referrals to treatment services in your area.

National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): You can contact NIDA’s DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center at 1-877-NIDA-NIH (1-877-643-2644) or go to their website to find information on drug abuse and treatment.

National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD): You can contact NCADD’s information and referral line at 1-800-NCA-CALL (1-800-622-2255) or go to their website to find resources on drug and alcohol abuse.

Local law enforcement: If you witness drug abuse or drug-related criminal activity, you can contact your local police department or sheriff’s office to report it.

It’s important to note that reporting drug abuse or addiction should be done with care and consideration for the individual’s privacy and well-being. It’s also important to offer support and encouragement to the individual seeking help rather than judgment or condemnation.