Alcohol addiction is a widespread issue. It is one of the most used addictive substances. People struggling with alcohol do not believe they have a problem. However, their friends and loved ones can spot the warning signs of potential alcohol addiction. If you feel like your drinking has become problematic, here are the warning signs to look out for:
- Consuming too much alcohol
- Unable to control drinking habits
- Continuous use of alcohol despite an awareness of problems
- Lots of time spent on alcohol-related activities
- Encountering withdrawal symptoms
- Increased tolerance of alcohol
It’s essential to treat you and your loved one with care and respect, avoiding finger-pointing or throwing blame. To learn more about the warning signs of alcohol addiction, give us a call.