Addiction101 Addiction Network

Taking too much gabapentin can be harmful, but it is rare for it to result in a fatal overdose. In most cases, an overdose of gabapentin will cause symptoms such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, slurred speech, and difficulty breathing. However, if taken in very high doses or combined with other substances, it can lead to more serious symptoms such as seizures, respiratory depression, and even coma. It is important to always take gabapentin as prescribed by a healthcare provider and to seek medical attention immediately if an overdose is suspected.